Thursday, May 05, 2005

DAY 36

Exhaustion! Defiance!
All ye who deem me unfit to live, hear this:

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as a pit from pole to pole
I thank whatever gods may be,
For my unconquerable soul.

Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody yet, unbowed.

After a non stop night of work, i arrive at the lab to find more work. I take a break for lunch and the phone rings. It's the lab attendant screaming for me to come back right away. I tell him I'm having lunch. He makes out like my boss (the Head of the Dept) is having a heart attack. I talk him down from his panic high, and discern that some committee wants to view my work and thats what the HOD is calling me for. I explain to the hysterical man that I have ordered lunch and cannot unorder it even if I wanted to, which i dont. I am hungry.
Finally I get it across to the gentleman that I will be there in twenty minutes. By the time I arrive the committee has left. Oh well, I'll just have to handle the aftermath.
Banzai!



Kindness is the beginning of cruelty.
-- Muad'dib [Frank Herbert, "Dune"]

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive